The 7 Best Airboat Rides near Naples Florida with Hidden Gems Included
Welcome to my unofficial guide to Best Airboat Rides Near Naples Florida!
We have spent the last week down in Naples (FL) drifting on the water, swiping mosquitoes and coming face to face with alligators to bring you the very best airboat rides and tours meanwhile after the captain’s safety briefing on not to push your better half overboard my girlfriend had a particular look (she thought about it…)
Finding the perfect airboat tours comes down to three things, the distance you’re willing to travel, what you want to see, experience and your budget. As soon as you know these it will be easy to find the one that fits your needs best.
You see with my girlfriend we are both wanderers and love to travel across the US. By dumb luck this is how we met. Now we both have been wanting to go on an airboat ride so why not test out these companies and see which is the best?
I’m ranking the top 7 airboat rides on thrill, speed, alligators and of course price.
No matter which you will end up booking you can rest assured that these are the best and you can’t go wrong with them.
Let me see them already!
#1 Corey Billie’s Airboat Rides – Best Everglades Airboat Tours
Our first choice was Corey Billie’s because a good friend of ours has recommended it.
It was a hot day in Naples, Florida and we were looking for some adventure. Prior to the trip we had checked all pictures and videos about airboat rides, so we were excited to finally drift on the water.
We hopped on board the airboat with Corey Billie. After the meet and greet by our captain we were sailing down the river.
Our captain, who was very knowledgeable about the area, pointed out different plants and animals along the way. We even stopped to hold a baby alligator! The whole experience was exciting and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Here’s why it’s a great idea to book them:
- The guide is extremely informed about the region’s flora and fauna, as well as is quite passionate.
- The trip began on time and was very instructive.
- The boat trip was exciting, with some parts going fast and others lumbering along.
- The driver would also come to a halt to provide information and answer any queries.
- Because the boat is noisy, everyone on board gets to wear headphones.
- Blankets were provided if they were required.
#2 Wooten’s Everglades Airboat Tours – Best Airboat Rides Naples Florida
Even after being on a few airboat tours each and everyone has something unique to show.
Next on our list was Wooten’s Everglades Airboat Tours; we knew that we had to check it out. We were not disappointed!
Our guide was very informative, and he gave us a lot of historical and geographical information about the area. He also took us up close and personal with the alligators, which was a truly unique experience.
We also got to see other animals on the tour, including lions.
The alligator show was also very interesting, and we even got to hold a baby alligator. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely recommend this tour to others. Just be sure to bring bug spray, as the bugs can be quite bad in this area.
This is why you should check them out:
- The guides are knowledgeable and provide a lot of historical and geographical information
- They have alligators on display as well as other animals
- The Everglades Tour is wonderful and the driver, Carl, makes sure you have a good time
- The alligator ride is fun, engaging and entertaining
- The animal sanctuary is fascinating for both adults and children
- You can hold an alligator if you stay for the alligator wrestling show
#3 Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours – Best Airboat Rides Near Me
You can’t go wrong with Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours. Our captain, Jack, was so much fun and really knew how to show us a good time.
We drifted through the mangroves, and went speeding through tunnels. The highlight of our tour was when we came face to face with an alligator!
It was a thrilling experience that we’ll never forget. It was an hour that passed quickly, and I couldn’t believe it when it was over.
Here are the reasons why you should take this trip:
- The captain provides live narration along the way
- The airboat is top of the line and provides a thrilling experience
- You get to see alligators, birds, snakes, and vegetation
- The 2-way headsets make it easy to hear the captain
- It’s a very professional operation
- Views of the Everglades from above are also beautiful
#4 Speedy’s Airboat Tours – Alligator Airboat Rides Near Me
You will never get old of those 360s turns. Hopefully you don’t have motion sickness that is.
Our captain was Greg, and he was hilarious! He entertained us with stories of his adventures on the water, and even let us take the wheel for a bit.
We saw alligators, birds, fish and other creatures on our ride, and I was mesmerized by the mangrove tunnels.
It was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a unique way to enjoy Florida’s waterways.
Here’s why they have landed on my list:
- Captain Greg is hilarious and knowledgeable, providing a great experience
- Speedy’s Airboat Tours is great for small groups, ensuring a personalized experience
- The airboat rides are fast-paced and full of excitement
- The boat goes quickly and does 360s; hold onto your hats!
- Mangrove tunnels are fascinating to explore with ease under Captain Jack’s guidance
#5 Everglades City Airboat Tours
If you’re looking for an airboat ride near Naples, Florida that’s also full of adventure and excitement, then Everglades City Airboat Tours is definitely the place for you!
We absolutely loved our experience with Captain Blake. He was so interactive and informative, and he showed us some amazing wildlife and plants. It was really a pleasure getting to know him and learning about the town.
Even though we didn’t see any alligators this time, Captain Blake still made sure that we had a great time. He was always keeping an eye out for us and making sure that we were safe.
Here’s why it’s a great idea to go on a trip with them:
- The Everglades City Airboat Tours are great for families even with small children
- The staff is very friendly and interactive, and they provide interesting information about the town and the wildlife
- The skippers are very considerate and make sure that everyone has a good time
- It’s a great value for the price
#6 Down South Airboat Tours – Best Private Everglades Airboat Tours
We’ve managed to get the perfect weather for our airboat tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the area. He showed us some amazing sights, and we even saw a few alligators!
Our guide was a local who had lived in the area his whole life. He told us all about the history and ecology of the Everglades, and we saw all sorts of wildlife along the way.
Down South is a lesser tour firm than the rest, but it is well worth the extra travel time involved when traveling from Miami. Their airboat tours are 30 minutes away in the Great Cypress Preserve, which is excellent because you’ll be viewing the genuine Everglades rather than the surrounding region.
Here’s why is worth checking them out:
- The tour is led by a knowledgeable captain with deep roots in the area
- You get to see many alligators since it’s located off the beaten path
- It’s a lesser tour firm, which means you’re getting more value for your money
- They’re located in Everglades City, which is the ideal location for an airboat ride
- You will be seeing the real Everglades
#7 Capt Mitch’s Everglades private airboat Tours
Our final airboat ride was with Capt. Mitch’s.
As soon as we arrived in the small town of Everglades City, we knew it was going to be a fun day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and there was a feeling of excitement in the air. We were about to embark on a private airboat tour with Capt. Mitch, and we could not wait to see what the Everglades had in store for us.
As soon as we boarded the airboat, we were treated to a close-up view of alligators, birds, and other wildlife. Capt. Mitch was an excellent guide, pointing out interesting facts about the area and its history. We even got to hold a small alligator, which was a highlight for everyone on tour.
By the end of the day, we had seen more than just airboats and alligators. We had gained a new appreciation for the Everglades and its unique ecosystem.
Here’s why it’s worth a look with this airboat tour company:
- The guides are knowledgeable and passionate about the tour
- The tour provides a lot of information about the history and ecosystem of the region
- The size of the tour is perfect for asking questions and getting a personal feel
- The alligators are farm-raised and returned to the farm in cycles to prevent harm to the environment
- The tour is a great balance of tourism and environmentalism
Conclusions on Best Airboat Rides near Naples Florida
We have reached the end of this journey. No worries there will be more to come. I bet you already know which airboat company you will book.
As promised in the beginning we went the extra mile to find the best of the best and here they are. Enjoy your ride through the Everglades.
Maybe you can help us out, if you loved this post as much as we loved writing it please share it because it helps a ton. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much is an airboat ride in Florida?
And Airboat ride in Florida costs depends on the company it’s usually hovering around the $40 mark for adults and $20 for kids.
What time of day is best for the Everglades airboat ride?
The best time for an Everglades airboat ride is around dawn or dusk if you want o see many alligators. The rest of the wildlife can be seen whenever you wish.
Are Everglades airboat Tours safe?
Yes Everglades airboat tours are safe. The boats are covered and offer all the protection needed to travel all year round.
How much do Everglades airboat Tours cost?
It depends on the company mainly it’s $45 for adults and $25 for kids.