Welcome to my unofficial guide to the Where to See Alligators in Naples Florida!
After spending the last few weeks in Naples Florida we wanted to see some real adventure so we looked up all the best places where you can see alligators both in captivity and wild, meanwhile I forgot to pack the bug spray; now I will never hear the end of it from my boyfriend…
Finding the right place to see alligators comes down to two things, your willingness to drive and your hunger for adventure. As soon as you know these it will be super easy to pick the one that fits your needs from the list below.
You see I’ve met my boyfriend wandering through the US. Ever since then we have been wandering together and enjoying the sights and the adventures. I’m scared of alligators and I thought it would be a great idea to confront my fears once and for all.
Now I’m ranking the best alligator watching places on the distance to travel, mosquito concentration, and if they live wild or in captivity.
So no matter which one you choose from below it will be a great time investment. I can guarantee that you won’t be disappointed.
Let me see them already!
Alligators In Florida Map
Here you can find the Florida Map on Alligators:
Source: CBS Miami
#1 The Naples Zoo
I was terrified of alligators. I grew up in the Midwest, and we never saw them where I came from.
Since we were vacationing in Naples, Florida, and we decided to visit the Naples Zoo I decided to confront my fear.
We were walking around, observing all of the animals when we came across a group of alligators. The zookeeper was feeding them, and I was amazed at how close he was to them. He was telling us about their diet and how they hunted. It was really interesting to learn about these creatures up close.
After the feeding demonstration, we decided to go on the safari tour. We were driving through the zoo when we came across another group of alligators. This time, we were able to feed them. It was a really great experience.
Here’s why it’s top of my list if you want to see alligators:
- The Naples Zoo is well-maintained and diverse, with a range of animals from around the world.
- You can get up close and personal with the alligators in the feeding and training displays, which are both educational and entertaining.
- It can be extremely hot there, so make sure to stay hydrated.
- The safari shows are fantastic and you may also feed the giraffes.
- On several islands, they have a boat cruise around monkeys – it’s definitely worth spending the day at the zoo!
#2 Everglades Wonder Gardens
I never expected to see alligators up close and personal when I visited Naples, Florida.
I was really excited when my boyfriend told me we were going to Everglades Wonder Gardens – I knew it would be a great place to see some cool animals.
And they didn’t disappoint – there were all sorts of birds, snakes and turtles. But the best part was being able to feed the flamingos and alligators! It was so much fun being able to toss food right into their mouths (or claws!).
I even got a little bit brave and stuck my hand in the enclosure with the alligators – and I live to tell the tale! It was an amazing experience that I’ll never forget.
Here’s why it’s a great choice to see alligators:
- The Everglades Wonder Gardens is a great place to visit for its unique Floridian wildlife, including alligators.
- You can feed the alligators at the Everglades Wonder Gardens, which is a fun and rewarding experience.
- The Everglades Wonder Gardens is home to many different species of birds, snakes, turtles, tortoises, and terrapins, making it a great place to observe a variety of Floridian wildlife.
- The staff at the Everglades Wonder Gardens are knowledgeable and passionate about educating visitors about the local flora and fauna, making it a great place to learn more about the Everglades ecosystem.
#3 Everglades National Park – Best Place To See Wild Alligators Near Me
We were kayaking in the Everglades National Park when I saw an alligator.
It was so big! I was scared at first, but then I realized that it was just quietly swimming along. I was amazed at how big it was and how peaceful it seemed. It was a wonderful experience to see such a beautiful animal in its natural habitat.
The Everglades National Park is home to some of the largest alligators in the area, and it was amazing to see them in their natural habitat.
It was an incredible experience and definitely one that I will never forget.
Here’s why it’s a great choice to see alligators:
- The Everglades National Park is a natural wonder that is home to many alligators.
- It is a great place to see alligators in their natural environment.
- There are boat tours and kayaking opportunities that allow you to get up close and personal with these creatures.
- The park is also a great place to see other wildlife, including birds.
- It is a must-see attraction for anyone who loves nature and wildlife.
#4 CREW Bird Rookery Swamp
I’ve never been much of a thrill-seeker. I’m more of the go-with-the-flow type, preferring a relaxed day spent reading a book or taking a walk over anything too adventurous.
But when I was told about Crew Bird Rookery Swamp in Naples, Florida and how there are alligators everywhere, I just had to check it out.
I wasn’t sure what to expect as my boyfriend and I rode our bikes down the narrow path.
It wasn’t long before we came across our first alligator, sunning itself on the path just a few feet away. We peddled as fast as we could, trying to get away from the giant reptiles, but they were everywhere. We saw alligators of all sizes, some as long as 10 feet!
Even though I was scared, I’m so glad I faced my fears and did something outside of my comfort zone. Now I can say that I’ve faced an alligator…and lived to tell the tale.
This is why it’s a great place to see alligators:
- The CREW Bird Rookery Swamp is a great place to see alligators because they are everywhere.
- It’s thrilling to walk along a trail with large (10-foot long) alligators strolling across it, which is just 8 feet wide.
- This was one of the most hair-raising and thrilling things I’ve done recently. Alligators EVERYWHERE…a foot or two away.
- The trails at the CREW Bird Rookery Swamp are well-maintained and easy to navigate, making it a safe place to view alligators.
#5 Conservancy of Southwest Florida
During on a kayak trip with my boyfriend we saw an alligator up close. As we were paddling down a quiet mangrove-lined canal when I saw something move in the water.
At first, I thought it was just a fish, but as I got closer, I realized that it was a massive alligator!
I couldn’t believe that I was actually seeing an alligator in the wild. It was an incredible experience, and it’s something that stuck with me forever. Alligators are truly amazing creatures, and it’s really cool to be able to see them up close.
Here’s why it’s a great place to spot alligators:
- The Conservancy of Southwest Florida is a great place to see alligators because they have an animal hospital where injured animals are treated.
- They also have a discovery center with exhibits on manatees, which you can visit to learn more about these creatures.
- 3. You can take a guide kayak trip that takes you through the mangroves where you can see them up close.
- Or you can opt for an electric boat trip which often goes down the Gordon River, which is a great place to see them.
Conclusions on Where to See Alligators in Naples Florida
We have reached the end of our journey. I hope you will have such a great time as we did. Also be careful with the alligators they are not for play.
As you have seen I’ve kept my promise and picked a few different options so if you want to see wild alligators you can have the best choice.
By now you have probably picked the right fit so enjoy your adventure.
Maybe you can help me out? If you liked this article and you learned some valuable things please share it because it helps us a lot. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where can I see alligators near Naples FL?
Here’s where you can see alligators near Naples FL:
- The Naples Zoo
- Everglades Wonder Gardens
- Everglades National Park
- CREW Bird Rookery Swamp
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida
Are there alligators in Naples Florida?
No, there aren’t. Although there are freak occurrences when a storm drives alligators from the surroundings and the Everglades closer to Naples FL.
Are there alligators in Naples canals?
There’s a high possibility of alligators in the Naples Canals because just recently two headless alligators were found in North Naples Canals.
Are there alligators at Naples Zoo?
According to the Naples Zoo there are 13 alligators in their Alligator bay. Their female’s length averages 6-8 feet while the male length is 10-12 feet.