The 7 Best Things to Do with Kids in Naples Florida with Hidden Gems Included
Welcome to my unofficial guide to the Best Things to Do with Kids in Naples Florida!
After spending the last few weeks in Naples Florida we had both some friends and my brother with kids visiting so we had to come up with some ideas that would be fun and last for a day and after testing out a lot of options I’m ready to reveal which are worth your time…
Finding the best activity for kids in Naples comes down to three things, your willingness to drive, what they are into and of course the weather. As soon as you know this it will be easy to find the right one from the list below.
You see with my boyfriend we are both wanderers of the USA and self-proclaimed secret shoppers. Since we had friends and family with kids visiting us we thought it would be a great idea to see what are the best things to do in the Naples, FL area.
I’m ranking the best 7 places for kids in Naples FL on distance, fun factor, variate and of course costs.
So no matter which one you choose after scrolling down you and the kids will have a great time.
Let me see them already!
#1 Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples – Best Indoor Kid Activities in Naples Florida
As soon as we walked into the Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples, our nephew and niece were ecstatic. They ran inside and refused to leave for hours.
They had a blast exploring all of the different exhibits, particularly the ones that allowed him to use his creativity and imagination.
The museum was well-kept and had a lot of interesting exhibits for kids of all ages. The outdoor area was especially fun, with the water tables, rolling hill, and chalkboards.
The sandpit turned into a water play area that was a huge hit with my kids. They loved exploring all of the different tunnels and gears. Overall, it was a great experience because it was both entertaining and educational at the same time.
It wasn’t boring for adults since we found some stuff to play with as well.
Here’s why it’s my top pick:
- 1. The Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples is a great place to take your kids because it offers a variety of activities that will keep them entertained for hours.
- 2. There are a lot of things for kids to do, including a circuit-making iPad app, a programming game on an iMac, and a microscope and slides.
- 3. The outdoor area is especially fun, with water tables, a rolling hill, a hedge maze, chalkboards, and huge foam shape building forms.
- 4. The sandpit turns into a water play area with interesting tunnels and gears made from the large foam “tinker toy” components.
#2 The Cheesecake Factory – Best Kid-Friendly Restaurant in Naples Florida
When you have two hungry kids who demand food instantly plus they are picky eaters, that’s a serious problem.
Our friends (as parents) are always on the lookout for family-friendly restaurants that offer great food and plenty of activities to keep their kiddos entertained.
The Cheesecake Factory turned out to be their favorite spot – they have an amazing menu with something for everyone, plus the staff is always so friendly and accommodating.
Did I mention that the cheesecakes are to die for!
Whether we’re looking for a quick bite or a leisurely meal, The Cheesecake Factory is always our go-to spot. Thanks for being such a great restaurant!
- 1. The Cheesecake Factory has a huge menu selection, so everyone can find something they like.
- 2. The service is excellent and the food accommodated all preferences, including picky children.
- 3. The cheesecake menu is fantastic.
- 4. The restaurant is clean and looks nice, creating a pleasant atmosphere for dining.
- 5. There is something for everyone on the menu – from pizza to salads to pasta dishes.
- 6. The pricing is reasonable for the quality of food and service.
- 7. There is a wide selection of cheesecakes – perfect for dessert!
- 8. The employees are polite and serve quickly, making dining here a smooth experience.
#3 Naples Depot Museum – Unique Things To Do In Naples Florida
Come one which child isn’t in love with trains? My nephew and niece are crazy about them.
Since it was raining we thought it would be a great idea to visit this museum.
I have to say that we absolutely loved our time at the Naples Depot Museum!
The kids and us as well learned about all sorts of interesting historical facts about Naples and Collier County. Not only that, but there were also plenty of activities for the kids to enjoy.
They had a small train track where kids could press all sorts of buttons to make different things operate. Plus there is a working train that runs on certain days. We were lucky and it was working that rainy Monday.
The kids loved it and didn’t want to leave! Overall, I would highly recommend this museum to anyone looking for a fun and educational experience.
Here’s why it’s top on my list:
- The Naples Depot Museum is a great place to take your kids to learn about local history.
- There are lots of activities for kids to do, including riding the train around the grounds.
- The exhibits are interactive and interesting, so youngsters won’t get bored.
- If it’s raining it’s the best place to be.
#4 Naples Zoo – Things To Do With Kids Near Me
Kids and zoos it’s a perfect mix for them just don’t lose them.
Looking back, I can’t believe how much we enjoyed our trip to Naples Zoo. From the tigers to the alligators, we were able to see some amazing animals up close.
My niece and nephew were especially excited about the giraffe feeding session, which was definitely a highlight of our day.
But even more than the animals, we loved the Lego exhibit the kids were fascinated there for more than an hour and they are not known for their patients or playing with something for too long.
It was a great way to spend a day and you won’t have to worry that the kids won’t go down at night.
Here’s why it has made it on my list:
- 1. The zoo is a great place to take kids because it is a perfect size- not too big and not too small.
- 2. The zoo has paved walkways that are suitable for strollers.
- 3. There are several locations that provide shade at the zoo.
- 4. Some of the animals that can be seen at the zoo include tigers, primates, zebras, alligators, and giraffes.
- 5. The giraffe feeding session is an experience that should not be missed.
- 6. The Lego exhibit is a great place for kids to explore.
- 7. Face painting is also available at the zoo and is a lot of fun.
Naples Zoo Tickets:
#5 Sun-N-Fun Lagoon
Where do you take kids to enjoy some water and sun? Well to Sun-N-Fun Lagoon of course.
My brother and their two kids were on vacation in Naples, Florida was looking for a fun place to go swimming.
We had already been to the beach, but we wanted to try something different.
We drove over to Sun-N-Fun Lagoon and rented a large slide for $6 per person. It was so much fun! There were several pools, a big slide, diving boards, and a lazy river.
The best part was the lazy river. You have to try it because it’s so addictive. Once we got hooked, we spent more than an hour just relaxing there.
The lifeguards were pleasant and kept us safe. We spent hours there and had a great time. It was the perfect activity for the family.
Here’s why it’s one of my favorite places to take kids:
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon has a variety of pools and slides for all ages, making it a great place to spend the day with kids.
- The lifeguards are pleasant and attentive, so you’re in safe hands
- It’s a great place to go swimming, and it’s affordable, too.
- There is a variety of pools and slides to choose from, including a lazy river.
- There are several pools, a big slide, diving boards, and a toddler area
- There’s something for everyone at Sun-N-Fun Lagoon.
#6 Salty Sam’s Pirate Cruise – Best Thing To Do With Kids In Fort Myers
Our next thing to visit was the Pirate Cruise. My niece and nephew are crazy about pirates.
We are always on the lookout for new and exciting things to do with them. So when I heard about the Salty Sam’s Pirate Cruise, I knew we had to check it out!
The cruise was so much fun! The actors were great with the kids, and they really made the experience feel special. The kids loved every minute of it, and we had a blast watching them enjoy themselves.
The boat was clean and well-organized, and the staff was all very friendly. I would definitely recommend this experience to any family with young children. It’s something they’ll always remember!
Here’s why you need to check it out with the kids:
- 1. The family pirate cruise was fantastic!
- 2. The children had a great time, and the parents couldn’t stop smiling throughout.
- 3. Our names were remembered immediately by the actors, who continued to talk to them throughout the voyage.
- 4. Most of the action takes place on the main deck, so arrive early to sit in the middle of it all.
- 5. The boat was spotless; there were lots of sitting and standing places, both covered and uncovered seats were available, and the captain and first mate were polite.
- 6. They also offered a Pirate Ship cruise for families with children that I’d recommend.
#7 Naples Botanical Garden
If you have kids and you’re in Naples then the botanical garden is one place to go with them.
It’s so beautiful and there’s so much for the kids to do.
The dinosaur section was a huge hit, and they loved seeing all the different types of bromeliads in the garden.
The staff was friendly and the cafe was nice, and we really enjoyed our time at this amazing botanical garden.
Here’s why it’s the destination of a perfect trip:
- 1. Naples Botanical Garden is a great place to take your kids because there are so many different things to do and see.
- 2. There is a splash zone for kids to cool off in, as well as a dinosaur section, butterfly house, and children’s garden.
- 3. The Cafe at the botanical garden is also a great place to take a break and relax.
- 4. Staff is friendly and informative, and the gardens are always kept clean and well-maintained.
Conclusions on the Best Things to Do with Kids in Naples Florida
We have reached the end of this trip, yet the adventure is not over just yet. I hope you will have as much fun as we did.
As promised I’ve picked these places so kids can have the best fun no matter the weather. By now you have probably chosen a few to visit. So jump on it and enjoy.
Maybe you can help me out? If you liked this article and you learned some valuable things please share it because it helps us a lot. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Naples Fl good for kids?
Yes, Naples Florida is very friendly to families with kids. It’s an excellent choice even if you are taking your grandkids on vacation. There’s so much to do from indoor to outdoor activities. There are options for boating, kayaking, airboating, restaurants, museums and a zoo to name a few.
Is Naples Good for family vacation?
Yes, Naples is an excellent choice for a family vacation. There are a ton of things to do both indoor and outdoor, plus you can have adventures in the water or on dry land. Furthermore, many resorts are now offering babysitting services and toddler programs.
Where do teens hang out in Naples FL?
The best places for teens to hang out would be:
- 5th Avenue South
- 3rd Street South
- Coral Cay Adventure Golf
- The Naples Players
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon