Welcome to my unofficial guide to the Best Things To Do in Naples Florida!
After spending the last few weeks in Naples Florida and eating at the best restaurants, seeing all the sights, experiencing all the adventures, meanwhile forgetting my best friend’s birthday (which I will never hear the end of…) I’m ready to reveal what are the most fun things to do in Naples
Finding the perfect things to do in Naples comes down to three things, your willingness to drive, what you are into and how much you are willing to spend. As soon as you know this it will be easy to find the right activity to your liking.
You see I’ve been wandering through the USA for many years and this is how I’ve met my girlfriend. Since we are kindred spirits we have united our quest and now we’re traveling like a couple. Plus we are blogging about experiences and sharing all the best tips possible.
Now I’m ranking the best things to do on: wow factor, entertainment value, length of activity and of course price.
So no matter what you are into you will find something to your liking after scrolling down. Have fun in Naples.
Let me see them already!
#1 Visit the Naples Zoo – Best Thing To Do In Naples Florida With Kids
While we were in Naples FL some friends were in the area with kids so we thought that it would be a great idea to check out the Zoo.
Kids and animals mix nicely.
We were so excited to visit the Naples Zoo with our friends and their kids. We had heard great things about it and were not disappointed. The Zoo is just the right size, with plenty of shady areas to escape the Florida sun.
Of course the kids ran ahead to see everything in sight so we had some time to catch up. Allow at least two hours to explore everything the Zoo has to offer.
The kid’s favorite was the primate boat trip- it was so cool to see all of the monkeys and apes up close. The tigers were also amazing, and they loved being able to feed the giraffes
For just $5, we were able to give three of them a tasty treat of Romaine lettuce leaves. They were so gentle and seemed to really enjoy it.
We had a great time and the kids had a blast.
Here’s why the Naples Zoo is the best thing for kids (and not only):
- Naples Zoo is a great place to visit with kids – there are plenty of things to see and do, and it’s not too big or too small.
- The Zoo has well-maintained exhibits that are great for learning about the animals showcased there.
- One of the highlights of a visit to the Naples Zoo is the chance to feed a giraffe! For only $5, you can feed three Romaine lettuce leaves to one of these beautiful creatures.
- There’s also a big souvenir shop area at the Zoo where you can purchase all sorts of goodies.
#2 Naples Botanical Garden – Best Thing To Do In Naples Florida This Weekend
As we wandered through the Naples Botanical Garden, we were in awe of the brilliant colors and fascinating plants. It was like walking into a different world, and I loved every minute of it.
I was particularly drawn to the Water Garden, with its rushing waterfalls and beautiful lily pads. It was so tranquil and peaceful, and I could have easily spent hours there.
The Caribbean Garden was my girlfriend’s favorite, with its bright flowers and lush vegetation. It was like being transported to a tropical paradise, and we felt so lucky to be able to experience it.
Overall, the Naples Botanical Garden was an amazing place to explore with my partner.
Here’s why the Naples Botanical Garden is the best choice for a Weekend Adventure:
- The Naples Botanical Garden is the perfect place to go to if you want to see beautiful plants and flowers.
- There are different gardens that you can explore, each with its own unique theme.
- You can also enjoy live music at the garden.
- The garden is a great place for families, as well as adults and older people.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities available.
#3 Naples Beach – Best Cheap Fun Thing To Do In Naples Florida
If you love the beach then the Naples beach next to the Pier is a great place to go. Plus the entrance is free.
When we got there it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the waves were crashing against the shore. We loved listening to the sound of the ocean while we walked along the beach. My girlfriend found a lot of seashells and was excited to add them to her collection.
The water was very clear and I could see fish swimming around. I even saw a turtle! It was so cool to watch it swim by.
Dolphins appear from time to time so make sure you have your phone close by to snap a picture.
It’s a great inexpensive way to enjoy Naples.
Here’s why Naples Beach is the Best Cheap fun place to visit:
- Naples beach is a great place to go to relax and enjoy the scenery
- The beach has plenty of space to spread out and there are many areas that are perfect for swimming
- The water is clean and ideal for snorkeling
- There are a lot of interesting things to see on the beach, such as seashells, fish, and coral
- The beach is also a great place to people watch and enjoy the company of others
#4 Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary – Best Thing To Do In Naples Florida During Covid
The Covid season put a serious dent into everyone’s travel plans. Luckily if there isn’t a lock-down then you can still enjoy the outdoors in safety.
This is why I’ve picked the swamp sanctuary.
The Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary was one of my favorite places to visit during my time in Naples. The boardwalk is a great way to see all the beauty the sanctuary has to offer. There are volunteers stationed along the walk to answer any questions you may have, and it’s a great place to see an abundance of different birds.
Here’s why it’s the best thing to do during Covid Season:
- Since it’s outdoors it’s safe to walk around. There aren’t many people nearby so you can enjoy it.
- The boardwalk is jam-packed with beautiful views of flora, fauna and animals.
- There’s also a shorter walk accessible if you want to try it out.
- The whole trek is flat but just slightly above ground level.
- You’ll go through woods, marshland, grassland, a little marsh lake, and several streams on your journey.
- A lot of greenery and an amazing variety of birds will likely be seen on your walk as well. You may also expect to see a few alligators on the path during your trip.
- It’s a wonderful way to spend an afternoon or more.
#5 Naples Princess Sunset Cruise – Best Unique Thing To Do In Naples Florida
There’s only one way to appreciate the sunset and that’s by cruising the ocean.
I was pretty excited when I found out that my girlfriend had booked the Sunset Cruise around Naples.
This has been on our bucket list for a while, and I was glad to finally have the chance to check it off.
Boarding the Naples Princess was like stepping into another world. The yacht was beautiful and luxurious, and the crew was incredibly friendly and helpful. We spent a couple of hours cruising around the bay, sipping on drinks and taking in the incredible views of the homes lining the shore.
It was a truly magical experience, and I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to do it.
Here’s why the Naples Princess delivers such a unique experiences:
- The Naples Princess Sunset Cruise offers a unique experience that you cannot find anywhere else in Naples Florida.
- The crew is incredibly nice and knowledgeable, and they will do everything they can to ensure that you have a good time.
- The food and drinks are fantastic and reasonably priced, making it a great value for your money.
- The ship is clean, comfortable, and in excellent condition.
- You will get to see some of the most beautiful homes in Naples Florida while onboard the cruise.
#6 Naples Pier – Best Thing To Do In Naples Today
As we walked out onto the Pier, we were taken aback by the beauty of the scene before us. The sparkling blue waters stretched out as far as the eye could see, and the white sand beaches were a sight to behold.
I couldn’t help but be drawn in by the allure of this stunning place.
The Pier itself was quite long, and we soon found ourselves at the end of it, where the fishermen were busy trying to catch their dinner. If you like to fish here’s a secret tip.
You can fish for free on the Pier there’s no license needed.
The sunset is beautiful to see from the end of the Pier. Plus there’s a shop if you need anything.
Here’s why it’s the Best choice in Naples for Today:
- Naples Pier is a beautiful place to go for a walk.
- The Pier has magnificent views of the Gulf.
- Fishing here is entirely free.
- The Pier reaches far into the distance and has a great view of the sunset.
- There is plenty of parking nearby.
- The Pier is a lovely spot to go for a stroll to make spectacular photos.
#7 Spa at Naples Grande – Best Thing To Do In Naples Florida For Couples
Who would guess that traveling is tiresome and could even hurt our relationship.
It had been a long time since we’d been wandering with my girlfriend and we didn’t have time for ourselves.
We had a lot on our plate so I will skip the details. Needless to say, we were exhausted!
So when we received an offer to stay a few nights at the Naples Grande Resort, we jumped at the chance.
The Spa was a lifesaver. It was a perfect way to relax and rejuvenate and patch up our differences.
The staff went above and beyond to make us feel special and provided us with memories that we will be grateful for.
Here’s why it’s the best choice for couples:
- The Spa at Naples Grande is professional and provides excellent massages for couples.
- The Resort was lovely and the staff went above and beyond to make the guests feel special.
- J, the tram driver at the Resort, was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about both the hotel and the beach.
- The music at the Spa puts you instantly at ease
- The Spa offers a unique experience with champagne and a fruit/cheese tray.
- Couples will enjoy the long pampering
#8 Ten Thousand Islands Boat Tour
My girlfriend and I have always loved nature. When we were told about the Ten Thousand Islands Boat Tour, we knew that we had to go on it!
We were not disappointed.
Both my girlfriend and I learned a lot about the environment and the history of the area. The captain was very knowledgeable and entertaining.
We saw dolphins and many birds during the trip. All in all the sites were magnificent, and I was able to take home some gorgeous shells from Shell Island. It’s a great addition to the collection.
Here’s why it’s top on my list:
- The Ten Thousand Islands Boat Tour offers a great opportunity to learn about the environment and wildlife in the area.
- The boat tour is also a great way to see some of the most beautiful scenery in Florida.
- The captain and first mate are very knowledgeable and entertaining, making the trip even more enjoyable.
- The tour provides an opportunity to collect shells from Shell Island.
#9 Kayaking under the Mangrove Tunnels
It was a windy day when we kayaked through the mangroves of Naples.
The guides had prepared for the wind, and obtained pedal kayaks so that we could still enjoy the experience.
As we paddled through the tunnels, I saw all sorts of wildlife. We were even lucky enough to see a few dolphins playing in the water.
The Mangrove Tunnels are amazing. Be careful though it’s easy to get lost because they form a regular maze. This is why a guide comes useful.
There are endless photo opportunities in the tunnels.
Here’s why it’s top on my list:
- The kayaking experience is unforgettable, and you will see a lot of different wildlife.
- Victor and Juan are great guides who know a lot about the local flora and fauna.
- It’s a great experience for all ages.
- Highly recommend a knowledgeable guide in the Mangrove Tunnels because you can easily get lost
#10 Luxury Shopping 5th Avenue South
Shopping is not my thing so this is why I let my better half take over at this point.
The first time I ever went to Naples, I was in awe of the beautiful scenery and high-end shops. Fifth Avenue South is definitely my favorite spot for luxury shopping.
The atmosphere is so elegant and posh, and the stores are filled with gorgeous clothes, jewelry, and accessories.
I love spending an evening there browsing the shops and grabbing a bite to eat. The trees are lit up at night, and they look absolutely beautiful. The free parking garages are a lifesaver, and Starbucks is always there for my coffee fix.
If you’re looking for a lovely place to spend a few hours, Fifth Avenue South in Naples is the perfect spot. You’ll definitely fall in love with the ambiance and luxury shopping experience.
Here’s why it’s top on my list:
- There are high-end boutiques and eateries, making it the perfect spot for a luxurious shopping spree.
- The lights on the trees at night are especially pretty, making it a romantic spot for an evening dinner.
- There are also free parking garages if you can’t find a spot on 5th Avenue itself. Plus, there’s a Starbucks and other coffee shops, as well as an ice cream parlor, if you want to do it inexpensively without eating dinner.
- It’s a lovely location to spend a few hours window browsing while absorbing the ambiance.
#11 Enjoy Fine Dining at The French Brasserie Rustique
We had always wanted to visit The French Brasserie Rustique in Naples, Florida. We had heard that their food was to die for, and we couldn’t resist trying out a French restaurant.
When we finally made a reservation, we were excited to see what the hype was all about.
As soon as we walked in, I could tell that the restaurant lived up to its reputation. The atmosphere was charming and inviting, and our server, Stefan, was fantastic.
He was patient with us as we took our time ordering, and he recommended some delicious dishes.
The escargot was definitely a highlight for me. They were cooked to perfection and so flavorful. Every bite was a little bit of heaven.
Fine dining at its best.
Here’s why it’s top on my list:
- The French Brasserie Rustique is a great place to go for a nice dinner.
- The food is of excellent quality, and the service is great.
- The escargot is delicious, and the dessert is amazing.
- You won’t be disappointed if you decide to eat here.
- The atmosphere is luxurious and intimate
- It’s a great place for a romantic evening out
#12 Everglades National Park – Best Airboating Experience
We were looking for a summer adventure that would be both exciting and educational. We found the perfect opportunity when I came across Wild Lime Adventures.
We were hesitant at first, as we had never been airboating before. But we were quickly reassured that this company will keep us safe and also values the environment and wildlife.
The tour was fantastic, and our guide made sure that everyone was comfortable and had everything they needed.
You get to see alligators up close, as well as dolphins in their natural habitat. The nature walk was a bit of a scorcher, but it was still worth it for all of the incredible views. Plus, lunch and transportation were both excellent.
Overall, my experience with Wild Lime Adventures was truly unforgettable.
Here’s why it’s the best airboating experience:
- Airboating is a great way to see the Everglades.
- Drifting with the airboat is priceless
- You’ll get to see alligators up close.
- The guides are very knowledgeable and will ensure that you have a great experience.
- Lunch and transportation are included in the price.
- The nature walk is a great way to see some of the swampland features.
#13 Explore Tiger Tail Beach – Best Thing To Do In Marco Island
We thrive on the beach so Tiger Tail Beach was a major highlight for us.
We arrived early in the morning and were able to get a spot right near the water. As we walked along the shore, we saw dolphins playing in the waves and were awestruck by their beauty.
The shells on the beach were also a sight to behold. My girlfriend immediately went into gathering mode to increase her collection of seashells.
Overall, it was a wonderful day spent in nature and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tranquil place to relax.
Here’s why it’s the best thing to do on Marco Island:
- The beach is one of the most gorgeous natural beaches, and it offers a fantastic view of dolphins and boats.
- The beach is also great for hiking, as you can explore a long path that goes to the Gulf.
- There is a concession stand that serves food, so you will not have to worry about going hungry.
- You can also rent kayaks, which would be a great way to explore the area.
Best Hotels In Naples Florida:
Here is a list of the best hotels in Naples Florida:
- La Playa Beach & Golf Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton Naples
- Vanderbilt Beach Resort
- Edgewater Beach Hotel
- Naples Grande Beach Resort
- Hilton Naples
If you want to read my in-depth review and experience check out my full-length post.
Where to stay in Naples Florida with Airbnb?
Here’s a list of places to stay with Airbnb in Naples Florida:
- Luxury Home
- Contemporary Beach Retreat
- Walk To Vanderbilt Beach
- Lanai Lovers Paradise
- Whispering Palms Oasis
Conclusions on the Best Things To Do in Naples Florida
We have reached the end of our journey in Naples Florida yet the adventure is not over.
By now you have probably found some cool and interesting things to do in Naples FL. Have fun and check back soon for new content and insight into our life.
Maybe you can help me out? If you liked this article and you learned some valuable things please share it because it helps us a lot. Thank You!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you have to wear a mask in Naples Florida?
According to the latest covid updates on the official Naples governmental page people should follow the CDC’s advice; all individuals, vaccinated and unvaccinated, are encouraged to wear a mask in public indoor settings. Emphasis on encouraged which doesn’t mean mandatory in my book.
Is Naples Florida worth visiting?
Yes, Naples Florida is definitely worth visiting because it has so much to offer such as great beaches, the historic Pier, great dining options plus luxury shopping experience, natural reserves and alligators nearby.
How do I spend a day in Naples Florida?
Here are the best ways to spend a day in Naples Florida:
- Take the Sunset Cruise on the Naples Princess
- Visit the Naples Zoo
- Check out the Naples Botanical Gardens
- Hit the Naples Beach
- Go hiking in the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
What is Naples Florida best known for?
Naples Florida is known for 3 things: high-end shopping experience, sophisticated dining and best in the world culture. Besides these, it has many beaches and nature reserves to visit both alone or with kids and family.
Is It Worth Going To Naples Florida?
Yes it’s absolutely worth going to Naples Florida because it has white sand beaches that are clean plus amazing water that sparkles like diamonds. Besides this there are countless shops and restaurants to try.