Welcome to my unofficial guide to Tin City Naples Florida!
After spending the last few weeks in Naples FL we couldn’t pass on not visiting Tin City; you name it we have done it all from restaurant hopping to boat trips and of course getting on my boyfriend’s nerves by taking him to every shop and boutique to find the perfect souvenirs and gifts.
Tin City is a must-see if you are ever in Naples. It’s not a huge place yet there are many things to do to keep you occupied for a few days. Plus the famous 5th Avenue South is just next to it.
No matter what kind of info you’re looking for I have you covered. Let it be the trendiest places to eat, or which are the best boat cruises or where to stay I have picked the best that Tin City has to offer.
Maybe you want to know the history of the town? No not that dry and boring one the other one that you can read below. Also I have info about parking and some great tips on what to do.
Let’s see it already!
Best Restaurants In Tin City Naples Florida
Everybody gets hungry so in Tin City you have quite a few restaurants to choose from.
Check out the best of the best right below.
Pinchers Tin City Naples Florida – Most Popular Restaurant in Tin City
Here’s why you need to check out Pinchers if you want great food:
- The food is cooked to perfection
- You can enjoy several appetizers, including crab cheese dip, grouper nuggets, mozzarella sticks, and some crab legs
- The Pelicans are interesting to watch because they are determined to get their fair share of food
- The drinks are inexpensive during happy hour
- Make sure you arrange the reservations ahead of time or risk waiting for hours because it’s such a popular place
Address: 1200 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Mino – Best Italian Restaurant In Tin City Naples Florida
Here’s why you absolutely have to try out this Italian Restaurant in Tin City:
- The menu is simple, but everything is made from fresh ingredients and tastes delicious
- It’s a no-frills, family-owned Italian restaurant
- The owners are very accommodating and helpful
- The pasta is fresh and homemade, the sauce is made with Kobe beef and veal, and the service is excellent.
- The best tasting homemade Italian food should I say more?
Address: 1100 6th Ave S #1, Naples, FL 34102
Riverwalk at Tin City – Best Seafood Restaurant in Tin City
Here’s why you have to visit Riverwalk and not just for the food:
- The Riverwalk is a great place to eat incredible food.
- The Chilean Sea Bass was delicate and flaky and the Salmon was cooked to perfection.
- The conch fritters are just as delicious.
- The atmosphere is laid back and enjoyable with a beautiful view of the river.
Address: 1200 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Best Hotels Near Tin City Naples Florida
If you want to be in the heart of the city then you need to book a hotel in this area. You’re not only getting access to Tin City but 5th Avenue South is close by.
Either way these are the best and closes hotels to choose from:
Bellasera Resort – 4-star Hotel
Here’s is why Bellasera is my #1 pick for Hotels around Tin City:
- The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make your stay comfortable
- The pool area is beautiful and relaxing, and the pool is heated which makes it perfect for year-round use
- The rooms are clean and well-maintained, with all the amenities you would ever need
- The location is great, close to 5th Avenue and Tin City with plenty of things to do nearby
Address: 221 9th St S, Naples, FL 34102
Trianon Old Naples 3-star Hotel
Here’s why you should stay at Trianon Hotel:
- The hotel has a very traditional feeling of luxury that may be felt when you enter
- The property has been criticized for being old-fashioned, but it is part of the aesthetic and gives the hotel character
- The staff was both helpful and friendly, and they provided great service
- The deluxe king room was ideal for us, and it had a great view
- The hotel is located close to the beach, restaurants, and the park, making it a great place to stay for your vacation
Address: 955 7th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave Naples Downtown Hotel – 3-star Hotel
Here’s why you should stay at Bayfront Inn Hotel:
- The Bayfront Inn 5th Ave Naples Downtown Hotel offers a personalized and charming experience, with great food and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The hotel is in a perfect location for exploring downtown Naples, and the staff is wonderful and welcoming.
- The bay view from the hotel is beautiful and a great way to relax after a day of exploring.
- The hotel is great value for money, and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a unique and enjoyable experience in Naples.
Address: 1221 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Directions To Tin City Naples Florida
Tin City is located in Downtown Naples FL. All you have to do is pop this address: 1200 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102 into your trusted GPS and it will guide you there.
It’s very close to Tamiami Trail (Route 41) which turns east and meets Naples Bay.
Best Things To Do In Tin City Naples Florida
The truth is that Tin City is quite small yet it’s jam-packed with things to do and places to see. So I’ve gathered the best things to do when you get here.
Try out the restaurants:
There are quite a few restaurants to choose from. From Italian to Sea Food you can take your pick. On the list above I’ve gathered the best of the best and you will have a great meal no matter which one you choose.
Is shopping your Weakness?
You will have a blast in Tin City Waterfront Shops. There are so many great gift ideas that you can probably do your Christmas shopping right here.
Also I’ve gathered the best shops in the area that you definitely have to check out.
Go on a Boat Tour
In the area there are quite a few boat tour companies. You can hop on them and enjoy the history and the area. Or you can actually watch a beautiful sunset on the open seas.
It’s a great way to spend a few hours or an evening.
People and Fisherman Watching
Many of us love to do people-watching and it’s a great place to play this game. Plus you can watch fishermen as well and you don’t have to wait long for the catch.
I know I’m super excited when someone catches a fish maybe I’m more invested than they are.
Boat Tours From Tin City Naples Florida
It would be a shame to miss out on a great tour. Luckily there are some great choices. No matter if you want a guided boat tour, or maybe you want to go fishing, or just maybe you want to enjoy the ocean on a private ship.
Well these are the very best companies to choose from:
Here’s why this company is my #1 pick for boat trips:
- The trip gives you a nice tour of the waterfront homes
- You can see dolphins, osprey, lizards, eagles and many other animals
- People start lining up 45 min before departure but don’t worry because there is not a bad seat on the boat
- Most of the boat is covered however the front has seats in full sun.
- They think of everything like: drinking water is provided, as well as bags for shell hunting
Address: 1200 5th Ave S Ste 501, Naples, FL 34102
Here’s why I highly recommend going on a cruise with the Naples Princess:
- See some of the most luxurious waterfront homes in Naples
- The crew is knowledgeable and friendly and provides a lot of interesting information about the homes and area
- The first two levels are air-conditioned, the third level is an open-air roof deck
- Great way to enjoy the sunset
Address: 550 Port O Call Way, Naples, FL 34102
Captain Joey D Charters
Here’s why I would book them again:
- The captain and crew are very friendly and knowledgeable
- The boat trip is family-friendly
- You can enjoy beautiful scenery on the trip
- You will find many shells on Keewahdin island
- The captain will help you catch fish if you want to learn how
- You can have a delicious lunch cooked with the fish you catch on the trip
Address: 1345 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
The Best Shops In Tin City Naples Florida
I’ve hand-picked the very best shops in Tin City. You can’t leave Naples FL without picking up a few amazing souvenirs from these shops. They will become mind-blowing presents in the future.
Naples Soap Company – Best Soap Shop
This is why you need to check out the Naples Soap Company:
- If you want to enjoy high-quality products that are made with natural ingredients you have found the spot
- Their products are effective and affordable.
- They have a variety of products that can meet the needs of different types of hair and skin.
- Their face cream is extremely effective and lasts for a long time.
Address: 1200 5th Ave S #102, Naples, FL 34102
The Naples Winery – Best Winery
Here’s why you need to stop by the Naples Winery:
- Naples Winery has award-winning wines that you need to try
- The staff is knowledgeable and passionate about wine and will make recommendations based on your preferences
- It’s located in Tin City, which offers a charming and picturesque setting
- They offer wine tastings, bottle shipping, and even gift baskets
Address: 1200 5th Ave S #13, Naples, FL 34102
Scentchips & More – Best Gift Shop
Here’s why you need to check it out:
- The shop has a wide variety of scents to choose from
- The staff is friendly and helpful
- The owner was generous and gave me some extra bulbs and chips for free
- The store has a lot of decorative items in addition to scents
Address: 304 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Parking At Tin City Naples Florida
If you plan to park in Tin City you have two options. You can either choose public city parking and good luck finding a spot because it’s typically crowded.
Or you can park at Tin City Park and Walk lot. It’s quite close so you can get to the Waterfront in a breeze.
Just in case you don’t find a spot there then you can check out the parking places around 5th street which is nearby as well.
History Of Tin City Naples Florida
Today Tin city is one of Naples main tourist spot. You can find anything here from great restaurants to awesome shops and boutiques. But in the old days it was completely different.
This land was used by the Calusa Native American tribe who have lived and fished in the area. Things changed in 1860s when Roger Gordon and Joe Wiggins arrived. Only a few years later they started building the Naples Pier.
There’s no doubt this area is a thing of beauty. This is what this two-man saw plus great growth opportunities. Fast forward and their vision became true because it’s one of the biggest tourist attractions in Florida.
The name Tin City comes from the shops which were tin-roofed at the time. In the 1970’s these were replaced with the buildings that you see today.
Conclusions on Tin City Naples Florida
I hope you have enjoyed this trip to Tin City.
As you have seen I’ve covered everything there’s to know about the area. If I happened to miss something let me know and I will update this post.
Maybe you can help me out? If you liked this article and you learned some valuable things please share it because it helps us a lot. Thank You!